Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Big Hair.

Today I feel almost human, and while I didn't originally have any particularly grand plans for my hair, once I saw this little thingy on the New York Times website I thought yes, that is just the thing! I slapped on some eyeliner to distract from the fact I'm wearing pants that are really glorified leggings (they're more like riding pants but I'm trying not to kid myself that I'm not pissing someone off while wearing them in public).


I went outside for about 2 hours and got all windswept and bedraggled, so this is what's left of the hair-do. It's held up nicely, although you can see my accursed bangs refuse to have any part in being team players and try to separate from the rest. I clamped them down with a headband.

 I suspect this is one of those hair-dos that looks really spectacular on blonde hair, or at least photographs better, but I might be doing this sort of thing when I have a serious case of third-day hair and need to throw it up for work in the morning.

Minnow heard the camera and ventured out from her laundry-bed, so of course I scooped her up.



But she isn't really a fan of being picked up, and the noise of the shutter is something horrible to her, so she staged a protest.


The upside is that the pictures with her show off the hair best, so now I can chronicle that along with even more evidence that I hang out with this cat more than people. 


21 comments:

  1. Hanging out with cats does count as social interaction though. Minnow is so precious. Loved the hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dammit, this post makes me regret chopping my collarbone length hair into a jaw length bob last week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this hairstyle on you! Cats > humans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your hair like this! So pretty and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. minnow is the cutest. and your hair looks very lovely. even if the bangs are rebelling against the rest.
    prettiest girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww I love this and it documents a real struggle we all go through trying to get pics of ourselves and our cats :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This hair is beautiful! So whimsical.

    The Wearist
    www.thewearist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not sure if I love the hair or the cat more. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. KITTY!!

    I love the hair, it looks so wonderful on you! It makes me so excited to have longer hair so I can do things like this. PERSONALLY I went without washing my hair today, which is a BIGGER DEAL than it seems. Usually I have to wash/dry it every day to make it all non-denty and normal-ish. But I think I've passed the must-wash-everyday point! Ahhh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the simple headband, where did you get it? x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm awful with hair, but I adore this look...I think I might have to dedicate some time this weekend to serious hair experimentation! (Or perhaps not-so-serious...much more likely.)

    thejoyfulfox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your hair is so lovely! And the pink headband touch somehow reminds me of Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shutter-fearer or not, Minnow is so sweet and adorable. I love the hairdo, I'm collecting ideas for an afternoon of hanging out with some bobby pins and hairties, but this one I think would be perfect for everyday times (especially as an alternative to the topknot). As for tights as pants, they're so comfy! I certainly wouldn't judge anyone for wearing them out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love these pictures- that headband adds the perfect pop of color!

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that pretty bright headband!

    http://www.designers-artists.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love this hairdo, and Minnow is a sweetheart! But can I just say that I also really love your writing? You have such a quirky, funny writing style and I think that's what makes your blog so much more interesting than tons of the others. Have been wanting to say this for ages!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your hair looks dreamy! I may try my hand at this :D my hair is so uncooperative in the morning time O_O.

    Haha i always try and disguise my legging/pants by wearing a long cardi >_< im sad to say i dont think it works :( I did see a girl once wearing a t shirt and tights as leggings! Tights! It made me uncomfortable to watch her walk up the stairs O_o

    Minnow is adorable <3xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! That is definitely a great hairstyle. Very pretty. btw, your cat is so adorable and a photogenic one too. :)

    Cheers,
    Cathy@embroidery digitizing

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE your hair like this! I cannot get enough of mod-like updos. Adorable kitty and fantastic blog :)!
    xx
    -Daysha http://dayshaprettylittlethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your hair is always just so incredibly lovely!
    And your cat is too cute for words :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look amazing! Love your skin tan and hair!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete